From: Vikas Kumar <Vikas.Kumar@×××××××××.in>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --sync behind a firewall
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:02:24
1 On 20:02 Thu 19 Apr , Marko Kocić wrote:
2 > I just got answer on IRC #gentoo channel.
3 >
4 > I had to install tsocks package, which let me run through socks proxy
5 > any program.
6 > Setting http_proxy and RSYNC_PROXY didn't do the trick.
7 >
8 'net-misc/proxychains' is better than tsocks as it can force connections
9 through socks proxy as well as http proxy (tsocks can not do http
10 proxy).
11
12 Other option is to use emerge-webrsync, which obeys $http_proxy env
13 variable.
16 Almost anything derogatory you could say about today's software design
17 would be accurate.
18 -- K.E. Iverson
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list