From: Gregory Shearman <zekeyg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:48:23
1 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2011/7/4 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3 >> I don't think I am logged in long enough to change the settings.  I may try
4 >> my test user but I think a file got corrupted or something.  I did have a
5 >> power failure the other day and the relay on my UPS was not quite fast
6 >> enough.  I think the contacts may need some cleaning.  My UPS does some odd
7 >> things at times.  I need a new one but they are pricey.  I had forgot about
8 >> the power failure issue.  That has lead me down a different path now.
9 >
10 > You don't need much time. The default shortcut to disable compositing
11 > in kde is shift+alt+f12
14 You can also edit the user KDE config directly via:
15
16 ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc
17
18 [Compositing]
19
20 Enabled=True
21
22 change to
23
24 Enabled=False
25
26 There's more than one way to skin a cat.
29 Regards,
30 Gregory.