From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update broke X
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 06:47:18
1 On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Cinder <cinder@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thank you Canek. I have always used nouveau driver.
3
4 [ huge snip again ]
5
6 Everything looks OK. You have the kernel configured to use nouveau,
7 and you have the X.org driver and the correct VIDEO_CARDS setting in
8 /etc/portage/make.conf; I don't understand why X says that it can't
9 detect your device.
10
11 As a hail Mary, you could try to recompile your kernel (reinstalling
12 it and its modules), reemerge xorg-server and all the installed
13 packages in the x11-drivers/ category, and reboot. Also, did you
14 updated all your config files with dispatch-conf?
15
16 Regards.
17 --
18 Canek Peláez Valdés