From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to get debug info when umount fails
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:50:52
1 I notice whenever mounted shares or external drives etc. (Etc here
2 only includes cifs mounted shares of msOS origin).
3
4 And something unforseen happens before they are umounted properly,
5 like powered down disconnected reboot etc) Those mount points will
6 fail a umount. And even when share becomes available again the mount
7 point is no longer functioning.
8
9 umounting with the -l option does take the mount point out of the
10 `mount' output but it can be as long as an hr before the mount point
11 is again mountable.
12
13 I want to know what is happening there. A restart of samba has no
14 noticable effect.
15
16 What can I do to hasten the remountability of shares in that condition?
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list