From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: WLAN daemon?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:58:00
1 > As I understand it a good WLAN device driver will associate and re-associate
2 > with the next available device when it comes into range. Some drivers are
3 > not that good at re-associating.
4
5 Right, but just imagine you close the laptop in the university and open
6 it at home again.
7
8 There is no such thing as "re-associating". The interface is still
9 configured for the university net which simply isn't there anymore. Some
10 application needs to scan for available nets and it should then realize,
11 that it should reconfigure the interface for my home net.