From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] burning compressed iso
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:16:51
1 Rumen Yotov schreef:
2 > On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 15:37 +0100, damian bamforth wrote:
3 >
4 >> I want to burn an iso image with a .bz2 extension (the full file
5 >> name is livecd64-ahorn5.iso.bz2).
6 >>
7 >> I only have windows xp.
8 >>
9 >> I tried the 'bsdtar' tool, but, whilst it decompresses the file, it
10 >> doesn't leave an iso image which I can then burn.
11 >>
12 >> What do I do?
13 >>
14 >> Thanks
15 >
16 > Hi, IIRC you can use "7zip" for Windows to uncompress .bz2 compressed
17 > files. Or search for bzip2 for Windows (was "win tools" or something
18 > similar). HTH.Rumen
19
20 WinRAR will do it as well. It can also look in the .iso after
21 extraction, if that would be useful (*.iso is a compression format as well)
22
23 Holly
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list