From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:57:19
1 Mark Knecht ha scritto:
2
3 > No, I need a new kernel also. The kernel on this machine is 2 years
4 > old. Also, I have about a dozen packages masked so I've unmasked those
5 > and will need to get the whole machine up to date.
6
7 There is something I didn't understand at all in this thread. Why did
8 you need to update the machine at all? Did you badly need some support
9 for new video formats or performance improvement? Otherwise I really
10 don't see the point of upgrading it. I see the point of upgrading a
11 desktop or server system (yet my desktop kernel is 1.5 years old and I'm
12 fine), but a MythTV box looks like an appliance that once working , you
13 touch no more.
14
15 m.