From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:34:37
1 On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > when i understand correctly so give it Gentoo Packages with can installed.
5 > Where can find this packages? Because i has clean my Netbook now from Sabayon
6 > and have installed Gentoo directly. But build Libreoffice need much time, so
7 > where better to find a package? Is there a chance or must built from sources?
10 > Thanks & Regards
11 > Silvio
14 Hi Silvio,
15 I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking where you
16 can get a pre-built 'package'? I.e. - Gentoo builds from source code
17 but you don't want to build libreoffice from source so you want a
18 pre-built version?
19
20 If that's your question then the generic answer is that Gentoo does
21 not supply pre-built packages. That said there are a few packages that
22 are supplied prebuilt and libreoffice is one of them. emerge
23 libreoffice-bin.
24
25 If that's not the answer you are looking for then ask again.
26
27 HTH,
28 Mark