From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network Down Apps trying to use lo instead of eth0
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 02:33:46
1 Bo Grimes wrote:
2 > I rebooted and my network is "down." eth0 is actually running, but
3 > from what I can tell my applications like Evolution and Firefox are
4 > trying to use lo.
5 >
6 > I have the link set up
7 >
8 > # cd /etc/init.d
9 > # ln -s net.lo net.eth0
10 >
11 > /etc/conf.d/net has config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
12 >
13 > rc-update add net.eth0 default returns that eth0 is already default.
14 > I can see it come up when I boot, but lo also comes up. I don't
15 > remember ever creating lo.
20 Check the output of route. It should tell you what it is using for the
21 default gateway. You can also use route command to set the route.
22
23 Hope that helps.
24
25 Dale