From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] world update problem again
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:13:08
1 On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 08:27:14 -0500,
2 Arve Barsnes wrote:
3 >
4 > On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 at 14:20, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Hi. So, on my latest attempt at a world update today, I am getting a
7 > > crazy problem with libpng, with some packages insisting on the use
8 > > flag -apng (portage made me put it in), but other packages insisting
9 > > on the use flag apng.
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
12 >
13 > That is a direct conflict between chromium and firefox/thunderbird.
14 > You can avoid it by removing the system-png flag from chromium.
15
16 Thanks, that did it!! This seems to have been a new flag, not seen
17 before -- thanks again.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici wb2una