From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Copying data efficiently
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 03:34:06
1 Hi,
2
3 is there any tool in the Gentoo portage which may speed up (make it
4 mopre efficient) the following task:
5
6 On my HD there are data I want to copy to two identical external HDs.
7 These HDs are of the same type/model and each is separately
8 connectable via USB to my PC (...these two of the typical mobile external
9 USB-HDs).
10
11 Instead of copying the data twice from my PC to eah of the HDs I want
12 to do it once...like I would be able to give the cp-command two
13 instead of one target where to copy two.
14
15 The result should be two identically populated external HDs, each of
16 them useable/readable without the need to the other one.
17
18 What tool of the portage tree I able to accomplish this task?
19
20 Best regards,
21 mcc