From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone running gentoo on AppleTV 1st gen?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:09:11
1 > On Sat, 26 March 2016, at 2:18 pm, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > … but I am not sure if this would be necessary these days
4 > with various UEFI LiveISOs around:
5
6 That sounds reasonable. The 1st gen appears to be x86, so I'd suck it and see.
7
8 I would try booting with a SystemRescueCD boot stick and, if that works, make a dd image of the existing system. Then you've always got a place to fall back on if everything goes wrong.
9
10 I haven't installed Gentoo on an ATV, but having installed Gentoo quite a few times on a variety of devices I recommend you just treat it like any other x86 box and try it. If you can boot it and make a dd image of the original drive then you have nothing to fear, because you can always restore back to where you started.
11
12 Stroller.