From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does gnome-python-desktop have so many dependencies?
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:41:36
1 On Thursday 26 June 2008, Alastair Irving wrote:
2 > Hi
5 > I'm trying to run a program which requires the wnck python module,
6 > which I believe is part of the gnome-python-desktop package. I like
7 > to keep my gnome desktop minimal, but this package wants to install
8 > the following:
9
10 You're going about this the wrong way. Rather post which program you
11 want to run, why it needs a python module, then we can help you figure
12 out how to avoid emerging the known universe.
13
14 The info you have given describes an end result but we have no idea how
15 you got there.
16
17 Incidentally, what happens if you remove the X USE flag and try again?
18 --
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list