From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev rules for an iPod Touch?
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 01:05:12
1 2011/11/4 Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml@×××××.com>:
2 > Did you install app-pda/ifuse and app-pda/libimobiledevice (dependency
3 > of ifuse and gtkpod)?. I do not recall touching any udev rule.
4 >
5 > Greetings,
6 >
7 > --
8 > Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml@×××××.com> http://www.jorgeml.net
9 >       Google Talk / XMPP: jorgeml@×××××.com
13 Hi Jorge,
14 Thanks for the ifuse idea. ifuse /mnt/ipod does seem to get the
15 device mounted. However just poking around in the /mnt/ipod directory
16 isn't very clear by itself about how music (and one day hopefully
17 videos) are stored. Maybe I can find some info somewhere to help with
18 that if necessary.
19
20 Even with the device mounted it doesn't seem to be visible to
21 gtkpod, and there aren't any new USB disk messages in dmesg. Just a
22 single ifuse message is all that's added.
23
24 Well, at least I can sort of communicate with the ipod even if I
25 cannot do anything interesting yet.
26
27 Thanks!
28