From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd? [ Was: The End Is Near ... ]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:55:37
1 Hello, Nikos.
2
3 On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 08:25:48AM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4
5 > > Happy Computer Users, systemd is on your horizon.
6
7 > No, we don't. I hope systemd arrives soon. It's the best init system I
8 > ever saw.
9
10 What's so good about it? What will it do for me?
11
12 I have this horrible sneaking suspicion that it will be more complicated
13 than /sbin/init + OpenRC, just like udev + initramfs is more complicated
14 than udev, and CUPS is more complicated than classical lpr.
15
16 Why do you find it so good?
19 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).