From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: parental control software
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:58:40
1 On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:00:18 +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > limits.conf
4 > groups (just add the kid to all the groups it needs - and nothing else)
5 > parental supervision.
6
7 Whilst I agree with that in principle, I have been tasked with finding
8 software solutions. And the uses are not limited to children.
9
10 > Really. You are ok with your offspring to use a machine connected to the
11 > mains - do you let it play with the stove in the kitchen, wall sockets
12 > and needles or power tools too?
13
14 Have you never heard of netbooks or laptops? Although hiding the PSU is a
15 fairly blunt way of controlling usage :)
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.