From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird slocate behaviour - file ignored?
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 11:48:37
1 pk writes:
2
3 > So why does it prune files with bigger size than about 4Gb? The only
4 > thing I can think of is that my machine is 32bit... But why would
5 > slocate use file size as a factor?
6
7 I can confirm the problem on my 32bit machine with default updatedb.conf. I
8 had to emerge slocate first for that, though - normally I am using mlocate,
9 which does NOT show the problem. So using mlocate instead of slocate would
10 be a workaround, and mlocate is supposed to be faster than slocate anyway.
11
12 https://fedorahosted.org/mlocate/
13
14 Wonko