From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to exclude a directory from rsync
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:28:34
1 On 16 November 2010 09:00, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 15.11.2010 23:50, schrieb Mick:
3 >
4 >> Thanks Stefan, I'm afraid I'm still getting the same problem:
5 >>
6 >> rsync: opendir "/mnt/User_WinXP/System Volume Information" failed:
7 >> Permission denied (13)
8 >>
9 >> Why is rsync trying to open this directory, when I thought I've asked it to
10 >> exclude it?
11 >
12 > Maybe you did it wrong?
13 >
14 > ;-)
15 >
16 > You don't show us what you did ...
17
18 I ran the same as before but changed the path to the one you suggested:
19
20 ===============================
21 'rsync -a -l -v --exclude "./System Volume Information"
22 -e "ssh -c blowfish -l root" /mnt/User_WinXP/
23 10.10.10.25:/home/httpd/backup'
24
25 sending incremental file list
26 rsync: opendir "/mnt/User_WinXP/System Volume Information" failed:
27 Permission denied (13)
28
29 [snip ...]
30
31 rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous
32 errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
34
35 The System Volume is shown as 0700 (mounted with default permissions)
36 and is owned by root when viewed from Gentoo.
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick