From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] less file.html
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 21:29:28
1 I want to view the html source of a webpage.
2
3 When I run `less file.html` the rendered webpage is shown, not the source. It is as if lynx had been invoked, rather than less.
4
5 `more file.html` and `most file.html` both work fine, but this is annoying - it takes an effort to prevent my fingers from typing `less`.
6
7 How do I disable less from parsing html source, please?
8
9 The matter appears to be addressed in neither the manpage nor the info file. Google doesn't seem to have any results, probably because "less" is such a common word used in other contexts.
10
11 Stroller.