From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] seems lots of packages no longer in the tree
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 14:39:03
1 On Sun, 2022-09-25 at 10:04 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I updated the tree yesterday using git. Now, in this mornings
3 > batch of announcements, I am finding lots of packages no longer in the
4 > tree -- one of them is app-admin/logcheck . Another is rxvt. Now, I
5 > don't use these packages, but I am wondering if something has gone
6 > wrong with my tree?
10 Logcheck was removed because it had a security issue that I reported
11 five years ago and nobody has cared enough to fix it since then. It was
12 package.masked for a while too and nobody complained.
13
14 x11-terms/rxvt was not removed recently. Do you mean mrxvt? If so, I
15 think it was removed for a similar reason:
16
17 https://bugs.gentoo.org/791004