From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel Config Manager
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 04:00:53
1 On Saturday 23 December 2006 02:07, Trenton Adams wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > Does anyone know of a kernel config manager that manages the kernel
5 > configuration settings that I want? For instance, I want this network
6 > driver, and that driver, and the other driver.
7 >
8 > Want this to be managed outside the standard menu config because it
9 > will make it easier to switch to a new kernel, such as xen-sources, or
10 > vanilla-sources. I can then keep the default settings of that
11 > particular kernel, and enable all the *extra* stuff that I need.
12
13 Are you aware that the kernel settings are stored
14 in /usr/src/<kernel-version>/.config ?
15 You can copy it to your new kernel source.
16
17 Or are you actually looking for a manager that does this for you?
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list