From: David Harel <hareldvd@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Panic at boot time after update kernel to 2.6.20-r8.
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 16:32:35
1 Thank you both Neil Bothwick andAlan McKinnon for the great help.
4 Got this one working now. Still many features arn't working yet such as
5 alsa and wifi but I think I will make it now.
6
7 The driver I needed seem to be AHCI SATA. Was rather difficult to
8 identify that that is the right driver because lspci states:
9
10 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA
11 Controller (rev 04)
12
13 and you can't find 82801 in .config
14 Also it seems to me that the driver should be statically loaded and not
15 as a module (which now makes sense unless I could have changed things in
16 modules.conf or similar).
19 May I suggest/encourage people to write summaries (such as was a custom
20 in sun managers mailing list (sun.unc.edu?) so other people can learn
21 and save time?
26 Alan McKinnon wrote:
27