From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Before strewing things up beyong recovery...(virtualbox)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 14:32:48
1 On Sunday 20 Jul 2014 15:22:30 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > HI,
3 >
4 > I set up virtual box successfully with one image. So nice so far.
5 > Unfortunately I did not recognize early enought, thet the image was
6 > placed into my home directory, which is short of splace.
7 >
8 > Can I move that folder (".Virtualbox") to another bigger place
9 > -- and what/how do I need to tell Virtualbox about that -- or
10 > am I already "lost in space" (...I mean...the opposite of it ;)
11
12 If you have run out of space you may have corrupted the image.
13
14 The settings and path for the image file are kept in
15 ~/.VirtualBox/VirtualBox.xml
16
17 You can edit these there, move the image to whichever partition you want and
18 try to start it up once more. With a bit of luck no damage happened,
19 otherwise you will have to delete it and start again.
20
21 PS. Don't forget snapshots, which also are saved in the same area of your ~/
22
23 HTH.
26 Regards,
27 Mick