From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE wallet manager
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 21:32:43
1 Hello list,
2
3 Sorry for going off-topic, but I can't see the answer on the KDE site and
4 google hasn't helped.
5
6 I'm trying to run the KDE wallet manager but I get this in .xsession-
7 errors:
8
9 kwalletmanager(3054)/kdeui (Wallet): The kwalletd service has been
10 disabled
11
12 On the other hand:
13
14 $ ps ax | grep wallet
15 3054 ? S 0:00 /usr/bin/kwalletmanager
16
17 And, from a konsole:
18
19 $ kwalletmanager
20 QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
21 QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
22
23 Dbus is running and its USE flag is in the portage environment. No
24 startup errors were reported.
25
26 After quite a bit of poking around I still can't see how to get the
27 wallet service going. Can anyone help, please? I upgraded to kde-4.9.3
28 the other day when it hit the mirrors as stable. I haven't used the
29 wallet service before but I think maybe I should.
32 Rgds
33 Peter