From: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Old ATI Radeon RV350 driver broken after system update
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:06:39
1 2012/12/4 Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
2
3 > On 2012-11-30 18:47, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Friday 30 Nov 2012 09:01:35 Peter Weilbacher wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> I have the same problem and this solution sucks. :-(
8 >>> Before this update I had such a nice console setup with framebuffer
9 >>> splash, a nice small font, and a Gentoo decoration around it. Really
10 >>> sad to see that go.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> KMS should provide framebuffer now, so have you set KMS and firmware
14 >> correctly?
17 > I just didn't realize that this is the case, so maybe my setup is wrong.
18 > I'll study the documentation again.
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 > Peter.
25 Don't forget to disable all the drivers in "Support for frame buffer
26 devices" of your kernel configuration.
27
28 Regards,
31 Jacques