From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] multiple perl installations
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:51:06
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007 14:41:55 Michael Galassi wrote:
2 > Could someone share with me a man page or google search which will help
3 > me install multiple versions of perl on an up-to-date gentoo system? I
4 > tried emerge -a =dev-lang/perl-5.8.4-r4 and a few similar commands but
5 > to no avail.
6
7 Perl has never been slotted. Therefore installing more than one version of
8 perl is far from trivial. So while I can tell you how to get perl-5.8.4-r4
9 which was removed from the tree 1½ years ago it will not be able to coexist
10 with perl-5.8.8-r2. Why would you want to do that?
13 Bo Andresen