From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good file system that recovers from a power failure.
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:41:35
1 On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm planning to build a rig like mine for my brother before to long.  I know
5 > there are lots of opinions on the net but want some personal experience
6 > information on this.  My brother does not have a UPS.  I may can talk him
7 > into getting one but not sure.  What is a good file system that recovers
8 > well from a improper shutdown?  I use ext2, ext3 and reiserfs here but never
9 > had a power problem, except when hal broke my stuff.  I know XFS is not good
10 > for this already from my own personal experience.
11 >
12 > Does anyone here have any personal experience on this?  Just a 'I use this
13 > and had a power failure and it powered up fine with no data loss' would be
14 > nice.   If this happened a lot and still worked, that would be even better.
15 >
16 > I'm not looking to start a turf war.  This will be a plain old desktop so it
17 > doesn't need a fancy file system, just one that recovers from a power
18 > failure.
19 >
20 > Thanks.
21 >
22 > Dale
23 >
24 > :-)  :-)
28 Nothing much to say that others haven't said. I'm trying ext4 for the
29 first time starting today.
30
31 I ran across this page yesterday that might be of interest. I don't
32 see anything specific to your question but maybe you will.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Mark
36