From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Source DSP tools for learning?
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 15:46:34
1 On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > On 2010-05-06 16:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >>    Does anyone possibly know of any tools in Open Source for exploring
5 >> DSP filter design? Something that might allow me to write equations,
6 >> stimulate the filter, see the results in a GUI?
7 >
8 > This probably doesn't answer your question completely (haven't tried it)
9 > but...:
10 > http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/intro.html
11 >
12 > Best regards
13 >
14 > Peter K
18 Hi Peter,
19 Yes, I've used Spice extensively in years past. Unless they've
20 added a lot of new stuff then it's mainly about analog design and not
21 digital signal processing but it could be useful for verifying that
22 the DSP version of a filter works like the analog version.
23
24 Thanks for the interest.
25
26 Cheers,