From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cmake-2.8.1 build problems
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 19:45:19
1 On Friday 09 July 2010 21:31:58 Bill Longman wrote:
2 > > As for libpng I've straightened it out on 3 other machines to date,
3 > > all 64-bit, but this last machine is causing me fits. Fortunately I
4 > > have two of these machines with the same motherboard, processor, VGA.
5 > > Only sound is different. The other one worked out OK with libpng so
6 > > I'll likely just slog through a comparison, config file by config
7 > > file, to find the differences.
8 >
9 > I would love to see the 3D scatter plot of "Time spent by Gentoo users
10 > running revdep-rebuild (hrs)" vs. "Package updated" vs. "Date (2000-2010)".
11 >
12 > I suspect there would be one HUGE blob in June 2010 where "libpng"
13 > crosses the X axis.
14 >
15 > I myself have spent at least an hour on each of the several machines
16 > that I run.
17
18 Only one hour? You cheated!!!
19
20 And obviously you have forgotten all about expat-2 from way back when.....
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com