From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] pam limits
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:00:53
1 On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:25:03 +0200
2 Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 25 October 2007, Albert Hopkins wrote:
5 >
6 > > Oh do they do that now? That was that nasty Red Hat extension.
7 >
8 > While one might agree or disagree about that, IMHO the problem now is
9 > that the options in /etc/default/useradd are ignored. If I run
10 > useradd -D it shows GROUP=100, but running useradd <username> still
11 > creates a new group named after the user and puts the user into it.
14 Exactly my point! :)
15 You were ahead of me with this reply, but it came here after I sent my
19 > After a little search, it seems that the USERGROUPS_ENAB directive
20 > in /etc/login.defs, although not explicitly mentioning this issue, is
21 > the culprit. Setting it to "no" restores the old behavior (putting
22 > the new users into group "users").
26 Big thanks!
27
28 That's exactly what I needed. ;-))))