From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to have fiber internet and need VPN info
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 09:34:36
1 On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 2:41 AM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > > On Saturday, 16 July 2022 11:57:25 BST Dale wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> Basically, I can upload files as fast as I download them. Now I can
7 > upload
8 > >> videos or something.
9 > > ...or run a web server!
13 > That's way above anything I'd want to tackle. Heck, this VPN thing is a
14 > bit confusing. I've never seen it used before so sort of lost with it.
15 > Maybe once installed it will make sense.
18 That prompts the question - why do you want a VPN? (what do you think it
19 will do for you?)
20
21 If it's to get around geo-blocking, it's probably a good option if there's
22 no legal implications. If it's for something else it's probably worth
23 digging a bit deeper. If it's to try to avoid legal responsibility (eg. to
24 download copyrighted content), don't do anything you're not prepared to pay
25 the fine / do the time for.