From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "wiping" unused space and/or secure erasing of files
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:38:49
1 Dale schrieb:
2 > Scroll down, I'm bottom feeding now. LOL
3
4 What's so funny about you being unable to properly
5 quote? Is it funny, because you make it hard to
6 read what you wrote on purpose?
7
8 > I saw that on one of those forensic shows.
9
10 Those on TV? Those commercials turned into a report?
11
12 > They recovered some data and
13 > convicted the guy to boot. I have no clue but it was a real story not
14 > make believe.
15
16 Everything on TV is make believe.
17
18 > I heard on the Screensavers ages ago that NSA can get
19 > almost anything back unless it is physically destroyed (sp?). They even
20 > showed the guy shreading some platters from a hard drive.
21
22 Oh, no doubt that they can recover from burned platters.
23 But have you ever seen, that they can recover overwritten
24 data?
25
26 I've only heard the opposite - that they CANNOT do that.
27
28 > It sounded unbelievable but they did it.
29 >
30 > Let's have a vote on who wants me to bottom post and change it in
31 > Mozilla. LOL
32
33 Don't "bottom post". Quote properly.
36 > Oh, I HATE to scroll.
37
38 Me too. That's why I hate full quotes, which is what you've done.
39
40 Alexander Skwar
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list