From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Persistent "modification time in the future"
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:16:59
1 Hello,
2
3 I performed the system update today (emerge -uND @world), and now I get errors "One of the files in /etc/{conf.d,init.d} or /etc/rc.conf has a modification time in the future!" at boot.
4
5 If I do
6 touch /tmp/tmp.file
7 find /etc -newer /tmp/temp.file
8
9 I get
10 /etc/
11 /etc/adjtime
12 /etc/mtab
13
14 Then I do
15 ls -l / | grep etc
16
17 and get
18 drwxr-xr-x 42 root root 4096 Mar 28 2011 etc
19
20 Evidently, there is no time of modification that should be the reason of the error.
21
22 There is the same situation with /etc/adjtime and /etc/mtab (no time).
23
24 I tried to do
25 find /etc -newer /tmp/temp.file -exec touch {} \;
26
27 But it doesn't help. Dates appear but only till I reboot. After reboot I get the same error and the same three elements - /etc/, /etc/adjtime, /etc/mtab - have no time of modification anymore.
28
29 What can be the problem?
30
31 During the system update I updated 3 packages: dev-libs/mpfr, media-fonts/dejavu, sys-apps/util-linux, recompiled 2: sys-apps/groff, sys-kernel/gentoo-sources (added some flags), emerged mailx.
34 Regards,
35 Alex