From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo-user@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Marvell Yukon 88E8001 not working, already tried "modprobe sk98lin" et al
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:26:46
1 billyd wrote:
2
3 > His ultimate suggestion, which I followed, was to go out to your
4 > favorite computer store, purchase a NIC card (about $20 US) off the
5 > shelf, install it in your computer, and disable the on-board Marvell
6 > Yukon controller in the BIOS.
7
8 A valid suggestion, of course. I would probably use a different network
9 controller in a server setup, but as this is a workstation and already
10 quite crammed with PCI cards, I'd rather not add more hardware.
13 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
14 Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list