From: Dave Cameron <daverabbitz@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] porno filtering using squid?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:29:10
1 On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 14:10 -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
2 > znx wrote:
3 >
4 > >How about Squid Guard?
5 > >http://www.squidguard.org/
6 > >
7 > >With free blacklists
8 > >http://ftp.tdcnorge.no/pub/www/proxy/squidGuard/contrib/
12 > I use both of these and it works pretty darn well. Configuring per
13 > user is straight forward, although setting up anything other than identd
14 > is a bit of a troubesome scenario.
15 >
16 > Tom Veldhouse
17 >
18 Back when I was a system administrator at a high school, we used
19 SquidGuard, a collection of black-lists and users were authenticated by
20 their Windows 2000 (yeck!) Active-Directory login. IIRC It was
21 reasonably easy to configure, the hard part was maintaining block-lists
22 because if you block sites incorrectly, you get bitched at by teachers,
23 if you let porn through you get bitched at by the teachers, and you have
24 around 1000 student's trying to circumvent the system, with things such
25 as Coral Cache and Google translate.
26
27 My 2 cents,
28