From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to run 2.6.25 kernel (no DEVTMPFS)?
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:13:08
1 I need to do some testing with kernels as far back as 2.6.25. I've
2 currently got a Gentoo box that can build and run kernels ranging from
3 3.14.rc2 to 2.6.32. There are various gcc and make issues which have
4 been successfully dealt with, but now I'm stuck on DEVTMPFS.
5
6 Prior to 2.6.32 DEVTMPFS isn't available, so even though I can build
7 and boot a 2.6.25 kernel, udev craps out.
8
9 There are plenty of spare paritions to play with, so doing a Linux
10 install to test with kernels older than 2.6.32 is no problem.
11
12 I'm wondering if instead of downloading an old Ubuntu or Fedora DVD,
13 is there any way to install an "old" version of Gentoo that will work
14 with pre-DEVTMPFS kernels?
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Are we THERE yet?
18 at My MIND is a SUBMARINE!!
19 gmail.com