From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage hooks: Allow verbose output
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:35:25
1 August 21, 2018 10:03 PM, "Ben Mezger" <su@××××.nl (mailto:su@××××.nl?to=%22Ben%20Mezger%22%20<su@××××.nl>)> wrote:
2 Greetings,
3 My current portage configuration is configure to not output any compilation output, as so:
4 --- /etc/portage/make.conf ----
5 PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error log qa"
6 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="echo save"
7 FEATURES="split-elog buildpkg webrsync-gpg"
8 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=5 --load-average=4"
9 However, I have set a post_pkg_postinst hook to run "genkernel all" when installing gentoo-sources. Is there anyway I can open an exception and allow any output from a hook to be completely verbose when emerging?
10 You can use ebegin/eend in your hook, if there’s an error, it should be sent to output. Any elog will also be printed after emerge is done.
11 Do you really need to see the kernel compilation happening? Or do you only want to know whether it built successfully or not?
12
13 Regards,
14 --
15 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera