From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Usb over Ethernet: The rise and fall of one usb0 ;)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:39:27
1 On 19/11/14 17:34, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > the little Linux board Arietta G25 has a ethernet over usb feature --
5 > no real PHY, no RJ45 plug/jack.
6 >
7 > The board is not permanently connected to my PC.
8 > Both are running Gentoo.
9 >
10 > When I connect the Arietta board to my PC via USB
11 > its boots up...and get no connection to my PC, since
12 > I have to do a
13 >
14 > ifconfig usb0 <IP-addr>
15 >
16 > to fire up usb0.
17 >
18 > Thats far too late for things like ntp_client, dhcp etc,
19 > while already have timed out.
20 >
21 > What is the correct way to automated this: Fire up
22 > the usb0 interface in that moment a device is recognized
23 > to have a ethernet over usb interface?
24 >
25 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
26 >
27 > Best regards,
28 > Meino
33 https://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=1