From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot emerge chromium 89.0.4343.0
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 16:20:24
1 On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 8:16 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi. In my latest update I cannot emerge Chromium 89.0.4343.0. I am
4 > finding it very hard to tell even where the error is, so I am asking
5 > for help to figure this out. I am attaching the entire build log to
6 > this message because someone smarter than myself may be able to tell
7 > me what is happpening here.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
13 > How do
14 > you spend it?
15 >
16 > John Covici wb2una
17 > covici@××××××××××.com
18
19 Down near the bottom it says (something like - I cannot copy it for some
20 reason) v8_base_without_compiler/intl-objects failed.
21
22 It seems V8 is Google's Javascript stuff.
23
24 Building with -j1 would likely fail exactly where the problem is. I think
25 it's building with -j2 which means this error is 1 back.
26
27 No idea how to solve.
28
29 HTH,