From: Nicolas Richard <theonewiththeevillook@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to "git-bisect" in a portage-compatible way ?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:41:08
1 Hello,
2
3 Background info : I'm experiencing a bug and found out that the bug
4 doesn't appear with libdrm-2.4.11 (I kept an ebuild for this one in
5 /usr/local/portage/...), but it does occur with libdrm-2.4.13 (not sure
6 about the version numbers anymore, and I have yet to try 2.4.12, too,
7 but that's not the question)
8
9 So the general question is : if I want to use git-bisect (I have never
10 done that before, but today is a good time to try), I guess it means
11 I'll have to build libdrm outside portage : if so, once I'm finished
12 with hunting the bug, how to go back to the situation where portage does
13 everything for me ?
14
15 Some more precise questions :
16 - before I begin, should I first unmerge libdrm ?
17 - once I finished with bisecting, should I reemerge libdrm ? Will
18 portage overwrite files it may need to overwrite ? what about orphanned
19 files (if any) ?
20
21 I looked at the documentation list on gentoo.org, I did find a section
22 entitled "Non-portage maintained software", but this is not what I'm
23 looking for. Where else should I look at ?
24
25 thanks for your comments
26
27 Nicolas.