From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PANIC !!!!
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:52:01
1 Keats wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:11:06 -0300
3 > Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>My hole linux box has crashed !!!!
7 >>I made a system update yesterday with emerge -Du world....
8 >>
9 >>it update my apache, mantis, nagios, bind, mysql..... today my hole
10 >>system is against me....
11 >>I think in reinstall the full system .... has any one got a better
12 >>idea, my backups are unavailable now ....
16 > are u sure that you have enough disk space ?
17 > an update of the system may download a lot of files...
18 > it happens when i have no space left, nothing work the gentoo is not
19 > able to boot. i have to boot on rescue disk and make space...
22 For this reason I put every directory that can grow during normal
23 operations outside to root partition so that I can boot although some
24 partition gets full.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri Räty