From: ert256 <ert256@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NTFS free space disappeared
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:53:23
1 [ 21.09.2008 05:51 ], Stroller :
2 >
3 > On 20 Sep 2008, at 18:36, Norberto Bensa wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Saturday September 20 2008 11:22:21 Stroller wrote:
6 >>> NTFS file-systems written (created?) by Vista add some new & special
7 >>> features.
8 >>
9 >> Do you have more info on that? Any link?
10 >
11 > This Wikipeadia epic is nearly as comprehensive as some of the articles
12 > on chapters of the Warhammer 40k Space Marines:
13 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS
14 >
15 > It seems I may have been mistaken - after a little search it's not clear
16 > to me whether its really unsafe to write to a Vista disk from XP. I
17 > think I'd check before trying to do so from Linux.
18 >
19 > Stroller.
20 On my scenario, system was always running on Windows XP, and i mount
21 filesystems RO when coping files on Linux.
24 Rafał (ert16) Trójniak
25 m@il : ert256@×××××.com
26 Jid : ert256@×××××.com ert16@××××××.pl
27 GPG key-ID : DD681D47