From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LXDE
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 13:36:58
1 dhk writes:
2
3 > I want to use LXDE as a Desktop on a fresh install of Gentoo on a laptop
4 > (amd64). It seems to work, but when I logout it hangs. It never
5 > returns to the command prompt and the keyboard doesn't work so I can
6 > switch to an alternate terminal. Has anyone had this problem and know
7 > how to fix it?
8
9 No. But try Alt-SysRq-R, this removes keyboard control from X, and you
10 should be able to switch to a text terminal.
11 If not, Alt-SysRq-{E,I,S,U,B} (with little pasues between each) will at
12 least do a cleaner reboot than hitting the reset button.
13
14 If you have another PC to log in from, try this, and use the chvt commadn to
15 change the virtual terminal.
16
17 Wonko