From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Install Issue
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:57:23
1 CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I got the boot menu, the boot process seemed
4 > to be okay, but when I got to the point where I assumed I should get a
5 > command prompt to finish up, all I got was a weird screen that was half
6 > black and half fuzzy with a bunch of colours (sorry, I can describe this
7 > any better). I tried recompiling the kernel thinking it was a problem
8 > that I had created during the initial compilation, but that ended with
9 > the same result.
10
11 That sounds as though the kernel framebuffer is setting the graphics
12 card to a mode (resolution, refresh rate etc) that the monitor does not
13 support.