From: "林守磊" <linxiulei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] my gnome-shell break
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 03:58:58
1 sorry for my pool english, :)
2
3 Gnome-shell break sometime I can't expect, so I want look logfile when it
4 break.
5 journalctl -b -f is also work
6 thank you
9 2014-04-05 1:25 GMT+08:00 Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>:
10
11 > On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM, AR <aleiphoenix@×××××.com> wrote:
12 > > On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
13 > wrote:
14 > >> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM, 林守磊 <linxiulei@×××××.com> wrote:
15 > >>>
16 > >>> What the path of gnome-shell log, maybe some error log can trace the
17 > problem
18 > >>>
19 > >>>
20 > >>> PS: I use journal
21 > >>
22 > >> What?
23 > >>
24 > >
25 > > Maybe he meant which log file could be watched to track down what
26 > > happened. And he's using journald (which is a part of systemd I guess
27 > > ?)
28 > >
29 > > What's related info of journalctl -xn ?
30 > >
31 > > I'm not familiar with gnome-shell though. I don't use it.
32 > >
33 > > --
34 > > Silence is golden.
37 > I generally run journalctl -b -f in a tmux from TTY and then start
38 > thing which causes problem.