From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] way off-topic - is it possible to log webmail messages content in an enterprise network
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 06:52:19
1 On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, guys.
3 >
4 > Sorry to post such off-topic message, but I didn't know where I could
5 > ask this question.
6 >
7 > I know that things such as address, trafic, bandwith are easy to be
8 > tracked and logged, but what about, say, my gmail messages - is it
9 > possible to log them also? Which package should I use or look for?
10 >
11 > Thanks
12 > Francisco
13 >
14 > --
15 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
16 > you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
17 > I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
18 > two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
19
20 Look at beagle. I know they have a gmail backend that can index your
21 gmail emails. Alternatively you can setup a mail client to download
22 the email from the webmail and then index/log/track it locally.
23
24 Regards
25 Dirk