From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Specifying file size in dvd::rip
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:07:35
1 I am trying out dvd::rip as kindly suggested in this mailing list, but cannot
2 find a way of specifying the target file size. When I fill in 4700MB in the
3 Transcode tab (under target size) it is invariably ignored and I get only
4 2.2-3.5G avi file sizes out of the whole process. In this way I end up with
5 half empty DVDs (I want to save the avi file onto a 4.7G DVD) which lack
6 colour detail - it's difficult to explain but grey or dark colours create a
7 silvery/shadowing effect.
8
9 How do you set dvd::rip to end up with a 16:9 aspect avi file taking up close
10 to (but no more than) 4.7G?
11 --
12 Regards,
13 Mick