From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Windows on a second drive?
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:58:31
1 Am Montag, den 05.09.2005, 06:38 -0700 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > Hi,
3 > Is it possible to put Windows XP an a second drive in a Linux box
4 > and have Windows be happy?
5
6 Should work.
9 > 1) I'm pretty sure that grub will have no problems with this, correct?
10
11 Not really since Windows XP will quite likely overwrite the MBR of the
12 bootable partition. I guess you will have to re-install Grub afterwards.
13 But I'd say that's harmless.
16 > 2) Will Windows be happy if it's the only OS on a non-boot drive?
17
18 No Windows version that I know of had ever a problem with that.
21 > I've done lots of dual boot machines before but there were always
22 > Windows on the main drive and System Commander to get me to Linux. I
23 > don't want to use System Commander this time.
24
25 What's System Commander? BTW it doesn't make much difference to install
26 Windows and Linux the "other way round". As long as you install and
27 correctly configure Grub or Lilo afterwards.
30 > Thanks,
31 > Mark
34 Mit freundlichen Grüßen
35