From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has anyone tried KDE5?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 18:26:41
1 On Tuesday, October 07, 2014 04:20:16 PM Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 07 Oct 2014 15:48:33 Philip Webb wrote:
3 > > 141007 Pavel Volkov wrote:
4 > > > On Sunday, October 5, 2014 9:10:50 PM MSK, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > >> I haven't used konqueror as a browser in many many months,
6 > > >> I get along just fine with Firefox and Chromium.
7 > > >> I believe Konqueror is essentially unmaintained these days
8 > > >> or at least on life support. Make a fine file manager though
9 > > >> (kparts has always been one of KDE's very much better ideas)
10 > > >
11 > > > I think there was a tendency to replace Konqueror with rekonq
12 > > > in KDE-based distros. Can somebody comment on how rekonq is
13 doing?
14 > >
15 > > I dropped Konqueror as an alternative browser recently
16 > > after it refused to accept every URL as malformed.
17 > > Rekonq is an adequate replacement + Firefox for regular use ;
18 > > I also use Lynx when I want text copies of WWW dox.
19 > > My window manager is Fluxbox.
20 >
21 > I still use Konqueror as file manager, ssh/ftp/webdav client and
22 > occasionally as an Internet browser. However, I have set it up to use
23 > WebKit as its browser engine instead of KHTML.
24
25 Why not use Dolphin as file manager?
28 Joost