From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Moving / around...
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:14:17
Hi,

I plan to "convert" (==reinstall) my system to be 64bit.
Since I have an already working and configure 32bit Gentoo-
system I would like to do the migration as follows:

Create another / partition somwhere on my harddisk
Install/Create a new 64bit Gentoo root there.
If everything works fine: Delete 32bit-/ and move (cp -a or something
like that) the 64bit-/ onto the now empty 32bit-/.

BUT:
Are there any -- especiall system-related -- binaries or such,
which get an hardcoded compiled in, so they would fail to work
after / is moved to another place than where it was created?

Best regards
mcc