From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Moving / around...
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:14:17
1 Hi,
2
3 I plan to "convert" (==reinstall) my system to be 64bit.
4 Since I have an already working and configure 32bit Gentoo-
5 system I would like to do the migration as follows:
6
7 Create another / partition somwhere on my harddisk
8 Install/Create a new 64bit Gentoo root there.
9 If everything works fine: Delete 32bit-/ and move (cp -a or something
10 like that) the 64bit-/ onto the now empty 32bit-/.
11
12 BUT:
13 Are there any -- especiall system-related -- binaries or such,
14 which get an hardcoded compiled in, so they would fail to work
15 after / is moved to another place than where it was created?
16
17 Best regards
18 mcc